Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Arkport Grades 2-4 DL Intro

I had the best time on Wednesday, February 4, working with Arkport teachers and students in grades 2 through 4! The students were so well behaved and worked hard to follow directions and answer all my questions. They were awesome!


The goal was to introduce the students to interactive video conferencing and to do an activity with them to practice their best video conference behavior.

With grade 2, we did Pictionary Vocabulary. The teachers provided me with 15 science vocabulary words that they have been studying. I showed the students pictures representing each word and they competed to see who could answer first. The student who answered correctly picked 2 classmates to try the next one, and so on... They did an impressive job remembering their science vocabulary words!

Grade 3 did an excellent job with the Geometry MysteryQuest with terms and definitions provided by the teacher. I used SMART Notebook to present different mysterious geometry-related questions to the students based on the information provided to me by their teacher. Their geometry knowledge is just super!

The fourth graders had fun practicing their listening skills by following directions I gave and drawing the monster I described. I did this activity with them as an example of a kid-to-kid project they could do with another classroom somewhere in the world. They were a very focused group and did a wonderful job, too!

If you are interested in doing a connection like this for your class, please let us know! DL@gstboces.org

No comments: