Friday, March 6, 2009

DL Intro Sessions

I had tons of fun with 3 second grade classes from Campbell-Savona on Thursday! The teachers have planned a content provider session with a zoo for their students.

They also wanted to help their students better understand how video conferencing works, so they connected to me at GST and we did an introductory lesson and activities to help practice what they learned. Who doesn't like playing Simon Says! by video conference? Second graders are excellent at following directions

The teachers provided me with 15 vocabulary words and definitions that I used in a review activity to help them practice their video conference behavior - raising their hand to answer questions, standing to give an answer, speaking in a strong voice, etc...

After my connections with Campbell-Savona, I returned to my office and visited with a 6th grade class in Alfred-Almond that wanted to see how the equipment worked. We spent some time showing how we could change the layout of a call and basic information about the remote.

If you are getting ready to do a video conference activity with your class and you think a similar lesson might be helpful, please email us! DL@gstboces.org

No comments: