Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Synergy and Communication

Mary and I connected with Amy Spath at CNYRIC and Betsy Hardy and Jenny Burroughs from Catt-Allegany BOCES yesterday morning by video conference to discuss distance learning and how we can support each other using this technology.

We discussed events happening around the region, ideas for helping people get involved in distance learning in our districts, and so much more - we really had an awesome conversation. I'm so glad to have connected with them and look forward to collaborating with them soon!

This meeting got me thinking about ways I could increase my network of DL friends across the state, or anywhere else for that matter...

If you scroll down to the bottom of this blog, you'll notice a form you can fill out if you have video conference equipment and are willing to collaborate with us when we do training or presentations that might require assistance from others.

I've also added a feature above this blog's archive on the top right side of this page that allows you to type messages to me as long as I am logged on to my blog account. Great for times when you have a quick question. Click "Chat with Cheryl Tice" in the thought bubble, and you can type a message to me and I'll answer back. The best part about it is, each person who communicates with me this way has their own window so you can't see what others are saying. Only I can see all of the conversations at once! Thanks to my teammate Kelley Batrowny for showing me that fun tool! Extremely nifty and fabulous!

If you participate in the GST DL Service and have suggestions for ways we can better help you integrate video conferencing into your curriculum, please feel free to make comments here or send us an email! DL@gstboces.org

No comments: