Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's Happening w/ the GST DL Team?

It's a snow day for most of our districts today, but we're hard at work on some projects that we need to finish up. We've been very busy and we are enjoying working with teachers in our region and collaborating with people outside of our region, as well!

Rene worked with a teacher in Bradford today who needs to learn to use the DL equipment so she can teach a statistics class by video conference. This morning, I met by video conference with Donna Farren from Monroe2 BOCES and a teacher she worked with today to talk about video conferencing.

This afternoon we are going to have a phone conference to plan for our Summer Jazz training ("Jazz Up Your Curriculum with Interactive Video Conferencing"). Funny to think that it is January and we are starting to plan for July already! I can't wait for the warm weather to get here. I'm kind of tired of the snow! In fact, I can't take it anymore!! We need some warm weather... now.

Monday, February 2, we are doing a video conference with Bradford to talk about how our team can help teachers in that district. Mary Hutz will be visiting Bradford, and Rene and I will be presenting via distance.

Today, I've also been working on some plans for DL Etiquette lessons I'm doing for grades 2-4 for Arkport by video conference that I'm doing on February 4. I plan to do Pictionary Vocabulary with the second graders; a MysteryQuest with the third grades; and a Monster Match with grade 4. We'll also play a game of Simon Says to work on remembering the behaviors we expect during video conferences. I hope the kids enjoy it! My teammate Kelley Batrowny came up with the Simon Says activity idea. She's always coming up with awesome ideas!

There's so much more happening, but I thought I would share this information, particularly for those who might be planning distance learning events in another region. If you would like to help us by connecting to our trainings, visiting with our teachers by video conference when we meet with them to discuss DL, or help in some other capacity, complete the form at the bottom of our blog to become part of our GST DL Network!

2 comments:

RichH. said...

Thanks for sharing video conferencing at Bradford. I am looking forward to more projects.
Rich H.

Jim Trumpfheller said...

It's great to have the GST DL Team available for our staff and students