Friday, May 22, 2009

Internet Safety Session

I did a Web Safety video conference with a 3rd grade class in Alfred-Almond on Friday, May 22. It was the first time I offered this session to students, and they did such an awesome job!

Their answers to my questions showed that they understood how to analyze a variety of situations that might occur while online, and determine what to do to be responsible and keep safe. I was very impressed with the students' knowledge about web safety and the vocabulary they used to explain their answers!

We played a game that I call "Web Safety Net" during our connection. I used the students' names in the questions, so that it would seem more personal to them. They worked in groups to discuss each scenario and did such a nice job explaining what they would do in each situation that I presented to them.

All of this AND it was their very first video conference! Great job, 3rd Graders!!

If you are interested in this lesson (it is geared toward grades 3-5 or 6), please email us: DL@gstboces.org

No comments: